Guerrilla Gravity Made In The USA Megatrail Review
Recently Stuck In The Spokes got to throw a leg over the Megatrail from Colorado based Guerrilla Gravity. It seems like they were highly impressed with how it performed out west. Check out the full review for their thoughts on how it rode in Trail and Beast modes.
– Modern geometry utilizing a roomy cockpit designed for short stems and wide bars, slack head angle, and low bottom bracket
– Both front and rear triangles are optimized for each specific wheelsize (26″ or 27.5″), giving you the choice to run whatever you want; 27.5″ front/26″ rear is also possible
– Building on the lively ride qualities of the GG/DH downhill frame, this design achieves best-in-class pedaling, next-level cornering, and downhill domination
– Suspension developed with input from Cane Creek for the DB Air CS, and optimized for air shocks, providing support while pedaling, small bump sensitivity, and progression for hard bottom out resistance
– 150 and 160 mm rear wheel travel, 200 x 57 mm shock
– 1.5″ head tube, Cane Creek Angleset compatible
– Optional, replaceable ISCG05 chainguide mount
– 12 x 142 Syntace rear axle
– High quality Enduro Maxx bearings (they have more balls)
– Stealth cable routing for adjustable-height seat post
– Threaded bottom bracket, greatly reduces creaking and loosening (vs press fit)
Frame weight: 7 lbs. with hardware (size Medium, no shock)
Geometry in Trail Mode
– 150mm travel
– 13.2″ BB height
– 66.5º Head angle
– Leverage curve tuned with more mid stroke support for climbing efficiency, yet still without a harsh top stroke or blowing through the travel.
Geometry in Gravity Mode™
– 160mm travel
– 12.7″ BB height
– 65.5º Head angle
– Leverage curve tuned for more bump compliance and grip…all out ripping.
– This mode is a radical departure from most aggressive “do it all” bikes, but we developed this mode to feel like a mini DH bike that can still pedal. BB height is set to the same sagged height as the GG/DH, along with tuning the leverage curve to also feel like a shorter travel GG/DH.