2014 North American Handmade Bicycle Show Category Winners
The North American Handmade Bicycle Show is always filled with quality bikes from around the country. I envy the judges in the fact that they get to go around the hall looking at amazing bikes all weekend but I don’t envy having to choose a winner. In my book all of the bikes made by the craftsmen at the show are winners. Here are how the award categories turned out for 2014 NAHBS.
For me the highlight is Breadwinner Cycles winning best Mountain Bike. Tony has now won best MTB bike three times. To find out more details on the Bad Otis and get one for yourself, check out Breadwinner’s site.
UPDATE: The NAHBS site has updated all of the categories from the event with photos of the winning bikes.
- Best Track Bike: Six-Eleven Bicycles
- Best Fillet-Brazed: Ellis Cycles
- Best TIG-Welded: Kent Eriksen Cycles
- Best Lay-Up: Argonaut Cycles
- Best Mountain Bike: Breadwinner Cycles
- Best Cyclocross Bike: Retrotec (Honorable Mention: Lundbeck Cycles)
- Best Road Bike: Kent Eriksen Cycles (Honorable Mention: Argonaut Cycles)
- Best Tandem Bike: Co-Motion Cycles
- Best City/Utility Bike: Cykelmageren (Honorable Mention: A.N.T.)
- Best Finish: Independent Fabrication (Honorable Mention: Ellis Cycles)
- Best Theme Bike: Sycip Designs (Honorable Mention: Calfee Design)
- Best New Builder: Harvey Cycle Works
- President’s Choice: Peacock Groove
- People’s Choice: Six-Eleven Bicycle Co.
- Best in Show: Argonaut Cycles